ANNUAL PHOTOGRAPHIC COMPETITION
“RED SQUIRRELS THROUGH THE SEASONS”
COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The title of the RSST Photographic Competition is ‘Squirrels Through the Seasons’. There are four Open categories one for each of the four seasons and a category for photographs taken by children aged 14 years or younger. RSST is looking for beautiful images that capture the iconic Red Squirrel in its natural environment.
- All entrants should follow the The Nature Photographers’ Code of Practice as set out by The Royal Photographic Society’s Nature Group. https://rps.org/media/1xcnsuga/the-nature-photographers-code-of-practice.pdf
- The decision of the judges as to the eligibility of individual photographs is final.
- Photographs must be taken in the UK and the location must be identified.
- Entrants in the Open categories can submit up to three photographs in total either for a single category or any of the four. Prints must be at least as large as a standard postcard and images can be prints, in colour or black and white, or as JPEGS emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entrants in the 14 and Under category can submit up to two photographs in total. Prints must be at least as large as a standard postcard and images can be prints, in colour or black and white, or as JPEGS emailed to email@example.com
- Entrants must not be professional photographers. For the purposes of this competition, a professional photographer is considered to be someone who makes more than half their annual income from the sale of their photographs.
- Entrants under the age of 18 need the verifiable consent of a parent or guardian to enter.
- Entrants submitting their entry by post must mark each entry with their name, address, contact telephone number and email address. The location of the photograph must be included. Postal entries should be sent to: RSST, 10 Norwich Street LONDON EC4A 1BD.
- Entrants wishing to email their entry should use: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Judging Panel for the four Open categories will consist of members of RSST and guest professional photographers. The Panel will select a winner from each category and each of the four Open winners will receive a £50 prize. An Overall Winner, selected from the winners of the Open categories, will also receive a year’s subscription to The Royal Photographic Society’s ‘Iris’ Magazine.
- The Judging Panel for the 14 and Under category will consist of members of RSST and guest professional photographers. The Panel will select one winner who will receive a 500 piece jigsaw of their winning photograph.
- All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party. The entrants must be the sole owner of copyright in all photographs entered and must have obtained permission of any people featured in the entries (or their Parents/guardians if children aged under 16 are featured.)
- Entrants will retain copyright in the photographs they submit. By entering the competition all entrants grant to RSST the right to publish and exhibit their photographs on their website, in print and across all social media channels in perpetuity. The photographs may be used for publicity purposes. RSST will make every effort to credit photographers, but cannot guarantee that every use will include the photographers’ names. Please note that images may be shared more widely if picked up from social media channels.
- By entering, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these rules and RSST reserves the right to exclude any entry from the competition at any time and in its absolute discretion if they have reason to believe that the entrant has breached these rules or acted fraudulently in any way or brings RSST into disrepute.
- RSST reserves the right to cancel this competition or alter any of the rules at any stage, if deemed necessary in their opinion and if circumstances arise outside of their control.
- These rules are governed by the laws of England and Wales. This competition is administered by RSST.
- The terms and conditions can be found at https://www.rsst.org.uk/photography-competition-terms-and-conditions/
To enter the competition, you have provided us with your personal data including your photographic entry. RSST is the ‘data controller’ of this information. RSST processes your personal data on the basis of its legitimate interests. If you are shortlisted or successful in winning the competition RSST reserves the right to retain your data indefinitely. If you are unsuccessful, your data will be retained for 12 months after the competition closes, at which point it will be destroyed. Data protection law gives you rights in relation to your personal data, including the right to request from the controller access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data or restriction of its processing and to object to its processing. RSST will protect your details and will not share your data with any third parties without your permission.